Featured ContentCustomer Case StudyWatch Now
Modern Cross-platform Eclipse-based Remote Development
NXTware Remote makes remote development possible for OpenVMS, UNIX/LINUX and other operating systems from Windows or Linux workstations. It simplifies remote development for C++, COBOL, BASIC, Pascal, FORTRAN and Java developers.
NXTware Remote is comprised of NXTware Remote Server and NXTware Remote Studio, an Eclipse plug-in. Together they enable developers to edit code on local workstations then deploy, compile and debug on any remote server with greater productivity, better code quality and the agility needed to meet future needs.
- Remote Studio
- Remote Server
NXTware Remote Studio -- Eclipse Plug-in
A core component of NXTware Remote is NXTware Remote Studio. NXTware Remote Studio is an Eclipse plug-in that enables users to "remote" code from their local Eclipse environment to a remote server. Once the code has been "remoted" it can be built, compiled, run and debugged on the remote platform from within Eclipse.
Intelligent editors are at the heart of NXTware Remote advanced capabilities. Here is a quick introduction to the features of the NXTware Remote editor.
Advance Editor Features
NXTware Remote Server -- OpenVMS Execution Engine
The server component that executes command initiated in NXTware Remote Studio is called NXTware Remote Server. It is responsible for receiving the source code from NXTware Remote Studio and converting requests from the Eclipse plug-in into actions on the remote server.
NXTware Remote server communicates with the compiler and debugs utilities local to it on the remote server. The results it generates are returned to Eclipse instantaneously. -- all of these capabilities are delivered without the use of FTP or ANT scripts to move files from the workstation to the server.
Additionally, NXTware Remote Server can integrate and execute custom commands that leverage custom built utilities and frameworks designed by IT organizations to meet their own development needs. These can include: custom make scripts, access control rules and auditing.
NXTware Remote Architecture
NXTware Remote provides a series of compelling technical and business benefits.
(Click here: Feature list)
NXTware Remote delivers a variety of technical benefits to the IT organizations that implement it.
• Simplifies the development of new and legacy business logic on remote platforms
• Supports almost any platform, including OpenVMS, HP NonStop and various types of UNIX/LINUX
• Brings multi-language support to Eclipse: C/C++, COBOL, JAVA, BASIC, FORTRAN etc.
• Integrated support for external and Eclipse-based source code management systems
• NXTware Remote can be configured to manage custom services, utilities and development frameworks
• Simplifies integration of custom make files, user access/identity and audit controls into Eclipse work process
• Doesn't require expensive X-windows application licenses on every desktop to develop on OpenVMS
• Enables senior level programmers to hand off legacy applications to junior programmers by providing a familiar and relatively easy-to-use development environment for legacy applications.
Business Productivity Benefits
NXTware Remote delivers a variety of business productivity benefits to the IT organizations that implement it.
• Increased development output by enabling cross-functional development teams. For example: Java developers can be productive on OpenVMS without having to know its infrastructure and DCL.
• Extends existing Eclipse capabilities (such as code assist and debug) to legacy platforms
• Reduced operational risk by eliminating need to re-engineer or replace applications on legacy platforms
More Videos: Click here
Let us know what you are interested in! We will sign you up for our newsletter based on your interests.