eCube Systems Announces RISC to x86 Migration Path for Strategic Entera Systems with NXTera and ARMx86
Re-hosting strategic application on x86 platform extends the life, simplifies operation and lowers the cost of maintenance for Entera applications running on RISC-servers such as the HP9000.
Houston, Texas. June 18, 2014
eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration and management solutions, announced the availability of ARMx86, its methodology and service offering for migrating Entera RISC applications to NXTera, a high performance upgrade to Entera, on x86 platforms. Applying eCube’s proven ARM (Assess, Remediate and Modernize) process reduces the complexity involved in re-platforming RISC based applications and provides plug and play interoperability between Entera and NXTera.
Companies are making the switch from aging RISC infrastructure for a number of reasons including:
- The high cost of operating and maintaining a platform where hardware/software upgrades are limited and costly
- The high cost of electrical, data center space and cooling needed by RISC systems
- The high cost of experienced and specialized RISC knowledge
- End-of-Life platform such as HP9000
"Migrating Entera RISC applications to NXTera on x86 platforms will reduce operation risk and certainty, provide support for Linux and operation source solutions and give you a better x86 cost/performance", says Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems. Additionally, NXTera provides numerous benefits to Entera applications including: performance improvements, broader scalability, improved data access, greater operating system flexibility and support for Java, Python, Ruby, C# and the latest 64bit databases.
While migrating Entera/RISC-based applications present unique organizational and technical challenges (missing source code, obsolete 3rd party libraries, data type variations, etc), IT organizations can focus on work that is critical to the business and off-load the transition to eCube's team of experienced engineers.
eCube has expertise in:
- Implementing new development and production environments
- Locating, recompiling or replacing all 3rd party libraries with x86/OS specific versions
- Locating, recompiling or replacing all custom libraries with x86/OS specific versions
- Locating, decompiling or replacing application source code
- Updating existing testing methodologies
- Updating database drivers and clients to x86/OS specific operation
- Updating security drivers and management code to support x86/OS specific operation
- Modifying code to support x86/OS specific data typing
About NXTware Remote
NXTware Remote is an Eclipse-based Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that makes it simple for developers to write code and then compile and debug it remotely. Enterprise IT organizations doing strategic development in COBOL, FORTRAN, C, BASIC, PASCAL, and JAVA on a variety of platforms use NXTware Remote to develop on OpenVMS, Linux and Unix servers from Windows, Mac or Linux workstations.
eCube specializes in inter-language variable mapping, RISC re-platforming to Linux and transitioning from 32bit to 64bit operation.
NXTera is the next generation multi-threaded RPC middleware that is fully compatible with the highly respected Entera middleware platform. NXTera is widely used in Fortune 1000 companies around the world. Learn more.
About eCube Systems
eCube Systems offers a family of legacy middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies turn to eCube Systems to reduce risk, extend ROI, and increase productivity as they consolidate existing capabilities and evolve legacy systems to contemporary platforms.
eCube Systems, LLC, is headquartered in Montgomery, Texas with marketing offices in Boston, MA and R&D in Montreal, Canada. For more information, visit us at https://www.ecubesystems.com/contact.php